Tuesday, June 11, 2013

14 Months

Alright, so this is way late but I really want to have this to look back on.  Paul is 14 months old (as of June 2)!  I know it gets kind of boring after you hit that 12-month mark, but he's still hitting new milestones so it doesn't feel so different to me, so bear with me here. 

In the past month he has really picked up a lot of new words, although he doesn't seem to use them too frequently.  My favorites are "thank you" (which he seems to understand has something to do with transactions), "cat!" (not new but extremely popular, usually his first word in the morning), and not "dog", but "ruff ruff!"  He has started to pick up objects and hold them to his ear, then start jabbering.  He still wears 12 month clothes and I have a feeling they will last a while longer.  He LOVES the water.  He says "brrrr" when things are warm, cold or wet.  He likes putting the basketball in the hoop with Dad.  His favorite foods are avocados, hummus, yogurt and oatmeal.  He loves to bring us books and climb into our laps so we can read to him.  But my FAVORITE new thing is that he loves to give hugs!  He will reach around our necks and squeeze tight, holding it for a minute and cuddling his face up to ours.  He also gives very sweet kisses, and if he sees us kiss he wants one too!  After bath, when it is time to get ready for bed, he waves bye to Dad, pushes the door shut, opens it again, waves bye again, and repeats the process a few times until he's finally ready.  Hugs sometimes come into play here.

I think he's pretty cute.

I love those eyes!

Hanging out with Sophie.
He loves chocolate soy milk but it gets messy!
He is definitely able to step into the pool, but for some reason, prefers to climb in.
Looked over to discover this mess while I was getting ready one morning.  He has a way of getting into everything!
Silly boy!  He loves lotion.

He brought Dad his favorite book -- Goodnight, Gorilla (thanks, Beth!).  I love how he crosses his ankles/legs just like Dad!





No comments:

Post a Comment