With this post I will be all caught up! Woo! Ok, so July was a pretty awesome month! We had a fun Fourth, a little adventure in the 'burbs and some r-and-r in the country. Then we collapsed and did nothing for the second half of the month. Just kidding! We did a few things.
Anyways, Paul is now 16 months and has a great vocab, although you might not hear it much since he can be a little shy. Right now he loves saying car, catch, (s)poon, peekaboo. He's also getting better at repeating words after us. He even says "bless you" when I sneeze. (I think he sneezes a lot, so he hears often!) He is a climbing machine. I caught him climbing into his high chair today at home, and then again when we went out to eat (he got into it without any help, I just had my hands behind him in case he stumbled). He loves to talk on the phone (i.e. any object he can hold to his ear with one hand) and will give it to me to continue the conversation. I am 85 percent sure we will have another tooth in the next few days, although I feel like we have been teething for weeks. He is biting like crazy and I am getting tired of being a chew toy! He got my ear just a few days ago. Ouch.
One of our nicknames for Paul has been "Chris Paul Richardson" ever since he started crawling. He is a big-time flopper. He will have the lightest bump or fall and just start crying so hard. Other times, he will fall harder and it's no big deal. I think the crying times are when he is already very tired. But lately, he has taken this nickname to a whole new level. Now, when he thinks I am not looking/paying enough attention to him (but I do see him), he will lay down in a corner of the room and then start "crying" and holding his head like he bumped it. For the past week he has been doing this all the time! Paul really just wants me to hold him all the time! Silly boy. He's actually pretty funny about it and I think it's cool that he has the ability to pretend. I try not to make a big deal about it so it won't encourage him, but it is hard when I think about how pathetic he looks faking a fall.
 |
| He loves the tent that Mimi got for him. |
 |
| So do the cats. |
 |
| The pantry is usually off-limits (Paul will chew through paper, cardboard and foil and I'd rather not waste all that!) but when it is open he takes advantage of it. Casualty of the day: Mott's individual pack of applesauce. |
 |
| I love the moments when he and the cats just co-exist. Instead of Paul tackling them. |
 |
| Collierville water park. |
 |
| He learned how to put his hat on and loves hats now. He will point and say "hat!" until you give it to him. |
 |
| He loves Phoebe, of course. |
 |
| Got stuck exploring the shelf. |
 |
| Borrowed his friend Brock's cape and loved it. |
 |
| He is so happy when Dad is home for the day! He was looking at him and laughing while he ate. |
 |
| I made the bed and Phoebe ended up tucked in. |
 |
| New table for Paul meant I had to figure out some precautionary measures in case of a fall. Good thing we own a lot of pillows! |
 |
| Finally got the BBQ nachos at Central BBQ! |
 |
| Paul did not appreciate waiting for a picture before he could eat them. |
 |
| Motherhood. You are always the best seat in the house. Watching the rain. |
 |
| He has always been a flopper. |
 |
| The lovely view on one of our morning walks through the neighborhood. |
 |
| Early morning smiles. |
 |
| Picking peaches at Jones Orchard. |
 |
| "Ball!" |
 |
| Another pretty sidewalk view in our neighborhood. |
 |
| Peekaboo! |
Wow, he's getting so grown up!!! I'm excited to see you guys today - seems like it's been a while :) Love the nickname!!!
ReplyDelete