Alright, so instead of doing a "
n month" post I will do a little monthly roundup with miscellaneous pictures from that month as well as developmental updates for Paul. I will still say the number of months/Paul's age, but this way I won't feel so bad about it being so late by the time I get to it.
So, as of July 2, Paul is 15 months old. At his check-up, he weighed 20 lb 14 oz (7th percentile) and is 31.25" tall (52nd percentile). He is now running all over the place, and after I spun him around in circles, he likes to do that by himself too. He will twirl around, fall, and then giggle with delight until he jumps back up to do it again.
He can also climb really well, and was so proud when he got into the rocking chair all by himself! At first I was amused, but not after I heard him crying out and ran in to find he had climbed from the chair onto the dresser and couldn't figure out how to get down. Now all chairs must be in safe spots! (So if our furniture seems to be arranged oddly, cut us some slack because we are trying to keep Paul safe and nice things intact.)
 |
| Right after he climbed up for the first time. He was so proud of himself. |
He has officially moved to one nap a day, right in the middle of the day. This is nice for me because I feel like we have bigger chunks of time to do fun things. However, all of our friends here are still taking two naps a day and it's a little tricky to coordinate play times that don't mess everyone up. So that's been kind of tough.
He wants to go outside all the time! He will go to the back door and bang on it, try to push me toward the door, bring me our shoes, pick up his little watering pitcher -- he has tried everything! We do go out there often, but we can't be outside all the time! I've got stuff to do inside, you know!
 |
| One day we were playing on the steps and I left the door open. The pool was inside and Paul did his best to bring it out. |
 |
| Unfortunately, his best wasn't quite good enough. |
His favorite foods are hummus (he will eat it plain with a spoon!), avocados and goldfish crackers (he will go stand near the cupboard we keep them in and point and say "fish" until we give him some). He knows a lot of animal names and some sounds (cat, dog, duck, bird, bear, cockadoodledoo -- he really just gets the first four syllables, usually, ruff ruff, baa, the occasional neigh).
 |
| He does pretty well with a fork and spoon, but fingers are the best utensil. |
 |
| He loves chocolate banana shakes. |
 |
| He also loves the straw. It gets messy though! |
He is no longer a baby, and very much a toddler, and I think minor injuries may be part of that. He busted his lip jumping off the sofa one morning. He handled it very well, only crying for a little bit and that was it. Well, except when I tried to brush his teeth (always a battle) and accidentally got the blood flowing again. He would touch it like it felt funny and he couldn't figure it out, but it healed quickly.
Here are a few more pictures from the month:
 |
| He took his buddy Dax's hat. |
 |
| But couldn't quite figure out how to get it on his head. |
 |
| He loves talking on the phone! |
 |
| Chocolate silk (soy milk) is his favorite, but we have to be careful what cup we give him. He has figured out how to spill every single one. |
 |
| I'm just taking pictures while Dad cleans up the floor... |
He is so big!
ReplyDeleteLove this! He is so adorable! I love the picture of him sitting on your head. And the part about him pretending to hurt himself.
ReplyDeleteLove all the new pictures! What a cutie! We miss seeing you!
ReplyDelete