Monday, November 11, 2013

October Roundup

October has been a great month!  Without further ado, here is our monthly photo fest roundup! 

The best thing that happened this month was our nephews Caleb and Hudson being born!  We can't wait to meet them in two weeks!


Checking his own temp.  He likes to stick things in his ears.  Also, I can't find this thermometer anywhere!  I don't know what he did with it!
Matching bow ties I made for the boys!
Sunday morning pancake breakfast.  Paul likes to lick the whisk.  (Just like his mama.)
We make pumpkin pancakes year-round, but 'tis the season for pumpkin!
Paul was fighting his nap, but Sophie (I think) wasn't.
Snuggling.  Don't be deceived, this didn't last long.
Already trying to fill Dad's shoes!
Doing a pretty good job, too!
They may not be kittens anymore, but now that it is getting cold again they are cuddling more and more!
Paul carrying around the Totoro I made him.
Coloring before it got out of control and all over the table, coffee table, end tables, etc...
Another Sunday, another bow tie. 

Paul went to his first basketball game and loved it!
 

Sophie became a model.
 
Paul surprised me with some yoga moves!
 Alright so I need an intro to these next pictures.  Halloween was an interesting day here.  We were hit with a "big storm", meaning it rained steadily but not heavily for 12 hours.  (I don't think I ever even heard thunder.  Fellow Floridians will understand, this weather kind of confuses me.  Shouldn't the trees sway?  Shouldn't it be pouring?  And seriously, where is the lightning?!)  Anyways, around 11 a.m., or hour 8, we lost power.  After a little investigating (walking out into the street) we saw that a tree at the end of our block had fallen on a line.  Now trees/large branches/small branches fall pretty regularly in our arboretum neighborhood (one of only two in the state, it means we have a great variety of really old trees, mostly over 80 years old).  A huge one actually fell across our back yard a year ago.  We didn't lose power but access to our yard for a week or two while big trucks came and went to take it apart and take it away.

Anyways, I digress.  So we lost power and didn't get it back until about 4 p.m.  Luckily, the rain had stopped, and even though the street was scattered with leaves and branches and drenched, the weather was nice enough for trick-or-treaters.  Our plan was to get all dressed up, eat dinner, and then take Paul on a little tour of our street.  We mostly wanted to parade him in his costume and let him see all the other kids.  We got as far as "all dressed up" and "dinner" but Paul refused to eat (even though it was his favorite -- hot dogs -- even wrapped like mummies) and instead let me know he was ready for bed.  At 6:15 p.m.  (He later woke up with a fever, poor kid, so he must have already been feeling bad!)  Michael and I stayed in costume to give out candy, and even had our own little photo shoot, which you will see the product of next.

I was trying to look serious and could only do it by holding a prop.  Phoebe.
Michael didn't need props though.
Although he knew how to use them!
Favorite picture.
I'm kind of scared of Michael in this picture.


I only remember that this was my idea.  I don't know why.
Phoebe is the most photogenic cat.
Our Totoro was asleep, so this one had to do.
I know those last ones didn't have cute pictures of Paul, but it was such a fun night and a memory I will cherish!  As a kid I was pretty much always a witch for Halloween, when I dressed up.  It was always a day-of thing -- it's Halloween, I guess I'll wear the witch costume stashed in the back of the closet!  Michael's mom always made his costumes when he was a little kid, and I love seeing the pictures, they were all so great!  So it felt good to start that tradition for Paul this year, and to take part in it, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment