Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pioneer Springs Hike/Shelby Forest

One nice Sunday morning in July we decided we needed to go for a hike in Shelby Forest. We had done this hike two years before, when Paul was just a baby in the Ergo. This trip he insisted on walking himself. He pretty much ran the mile into the woods. Once we turned around to go back, though, he was ready for a ride.



We found a little frog.



Pretty flowers. These remind me of Paynes Prairie in Gainesville.



Dew-covered spider web.


Dad helped Paul get over this fallen tree.



Turtle!


Salamander, I think. We found it at the spring.


A butterfly landed on Michael's shoe!




A big frog!


I think these were just nodules of clay but I thought it was really neat.


I got a good workout on the way back. (Did I mention it was mostly uphill?)


We found a snake! Woo! And a non-venomous one at that.


We had a lot of fun and saw lots of wildlife. It was a fun adventure for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment