Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Atlanta -- Georgia Aquarium

On Saturday, Michael had to leave for SECO before Paul and I even woke up. We took it easy and took our time getting up and getting ready. We had just finished breakfast when Michael got back. We checked out of the hotel around 10:30. We took a little walk around the area and picked up lunch -- humongous sandwiches -- from Reuben's Deli. The little deli was located on Broad Street, and we saw a lot of neat buildings, including the Flatiron Building. We played at this cool park before walking back to our car and moving it closer to the aquarium.






The Flatiron Building


We found a parking lot right across from Centennial Park. We walked over to the park and found a bench to sit on while we ate lunch. I had a club and it was so big. It was delicious though, and I quickly ate half of it, saving the remainder for an afternoon snack.



After our little picnic, we split up, with Michael heading back to SECO and Paul and I going off to the Georgia Aquarium. I was so excited to go back to the aquarium, because we had so much fun when we went in January last year. The only catch was that Paul was having one of "those" days and began throwing tantrums before we even got inside. It didn't help much that there were so many people there that day! I had hoped to let Paul run ahead of me a bit and follow him around the aquarium, but there were so many people so that was impossible. Some of the exhibits were difficult to see due to the crowds in front of them, but we still got to see a lot and had a good time. Paul's favorite was the dolphin show, which is awesome! I had planned on us staying until it closed at 5 (we got there at 12) and thought we'd have no problem lasting that long. However, with Paul throwing tantrums and being generally fussy, we ended up finding a quiet spot and spent a decent bit of time there watching Thomas on the Kindle.


Paul did seem to like the jellyfish.



It's kind of hard to see, but I thought this guy was pretty cool!



Waiting for the 4D "Deepo" movie to start.


This shows how hard it was to get close to some of the exhibits.


Finding Nemo.


My favorite part -- the tunnel!


There were even scuba divers in there! I definitely want to jump in there one day.




Whale shark







I love how these pictures turned out for some reason!





Once the aquarium closed at 5, we still had at least an hour to an hour and a half before Michael would be done. Luckily the weather was nice and there was a great playground across the street in Centennial Park. We had so much fun running around and playing here! There were so many other kids here and Paul had a blast. It was a little chaotic but that just added to the excitement.










Paul found a little boy (5yo) playing baseball and asked if he could play too. They ended up throwing the ball back and forth. Paul loves finding friends at the park and is not shy about asking to play too! Finally, it was time to go get dinner at Chick-fil-a in the CNN Center while we waited for Michael to finish up. We had a great weekend, but we were all ready to get home!


I took this picture of the wheel on the way back to our car. This is the same one that was recently on Pensacola Beach.


Paul was hugging his whale shark and dolphin that we got on our last visit to the aquarium. He fell asleep with them.

1 comment:

  1. Such an incredible aquarium! I want to go back so badly! Can I just tell you I love "seeing" the fun times you enjoy just you and Paul! Some of my fondest memories are the days of just me and Daxon! I wouldn't trade Iszella, but it's fun seeing just you two!

    ReplyDelete