Another day in October, another excuse to wear costumes! The Sunday before Halloween we met all of Michael's sisters, their husbands and kids at the Gulf Breeze Zoo for Zoo Boo. Michael, Theo and I dressed up in addition to Paul. I don't know if I explained it already, but Paul was Link from Zelda this year. For the past three years I have asked Paul what he wants to be, then made his costume. (Well, I guess the first year I kind of picked for him...) once I get an idea of what he wants, I see if I can do it myself and if not, I try to steer him in a different direction. This year he was all about video game characters! At first he wanted to be "Mario with the spinny hat" but I thought that might be a little complicated. I was game, but ultimately he landed on being Link (who he knows of from Super Smash Brothers) and since it seemed easy to pull off, I immediately jumped on it and encouraged him. So I put this costume together for him! It was really pretty simple, making the hat, belt and tunic. The shield was fun to make, too. The hardest part was finding a lime green shirt to wear underneath. This was made easier when I started shopping in the girls section (duh!).
Belle and Link
Julie and Cinderella
We thought it would be fun for us to dress up too, so Michael did a little thinking and decided we should be minor characters from one of the Zelda games. I really don't know much about Zelda myself. Basically I understood us to be pirates. Paul loved that we dressed up too! So it was definitely worth it.
The shield. I am a little too proud of this.
The whole family decked out in costume! I hope we are always this cool. 😉
Feeding the giraffes!
Paul's head is supposed to look like it's in a jar. It just looks a little blurry to me though.
With all of the cousins there we took up half of the little restaurant. It was a little chaotic but so fun!
This is our crew! We had a blast. I'm so glad Amy came all the way from Destin to be with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment