Saturday was Michael's 24th birthday! His birthday always falls during exam/finals week, which usually puts a little damper on the celebration, but we always make a point to do something fun! Just a few more years until we won't have to worry about finals anymore!
We had big plans for the farmers market downtown and for yard-saling around Midtown, but we woke up to some stormy weather! Luckily, but the time we were able to eat breakfast and get Paul set to go, the rain had let up a lot, so we headed out. We hit the farmers market first, since it's covered. I'm glad we did! We didn't realize how hungry we still were. We celebrated Michael's birthday by trying something from each of the four food trucks set up. Michael got a chicken kabob from an Indian stand, I got a delicious Fuel McMuffin (egg, ham-like turkey, cheese and raspberry jam on an English muffin), and we shared a slice of egg and veggie pizza and each got yummy smoothies. We will definitely be getting that pizza again, for sure, although I'd really like to have it all again! But you can't eat like that every time you go to the market! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures. (Mostly because I didn't have my camera and my phone is maxed out on memory. I have 2000 + pictures saved on there. Oops.)
We found a few yard sales (it was clear by then!) but didn't find anything good. We came home for Paul's morning nap and Michael did a few things around the house before heading off to the library to study for a few hours.
Instead of going out to eat, Michael wanted to cook dinner for us for his birthday! He has been working on his cooking skills lately, and I am loving it! He made rigatoni al ragu, since that was his favorite meal he had in Italy. We also got pesto from the Boys and Girls Club booth at the market, so we had rigatoni half al ragu, half al pesto. It was delicious! Paul especially loved it! (You can see for yourself in the pictures below!)
Once Paul was asleep, we made popcorn and started watching Les Miserables. Unfortunately, Paul wakes up A LOT so we only made it about half way, after stopping a few times to put Paul back down. (At least he didn't watch it with us, like last time when we rented Life of Pi.)
We got to finish the movie last night (without Paul waking up once! yay!) and we loved it! It was a great treat for us to watch a movie together, and something I think we will try to make more time for.
Michael got lots of calls and cards from family, which was awesome. We definitely love and miss our family in Florida!
Here are the pictures of the day:





Last picture is my favorite! Nice cooking skills, Michael. Billy did NOT like les mis (he said the title was very accurate). I liked it overall, but I was not impressed with the signing.
ReplyDelete