Naturally, we worked up an appetite looking through all the books, so we went straight to the Memphis Greek Festival. Pensacola has an amazing Greek festival every year that I have missed so much since I went away to college 6 years ago -- so I was excited to try this one out! It did not disappoint. We had a wonderful time and got lots of yummy food. The music was especially fun, and Paul loved dancing to it, at least in his stroller. He got a little shy when we brought him out and decided he'd rather go play in the grass again. We ended the night with another movie, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, which was our fourth of the break.
On Saturday, we went to the market and split a piece of pizza and a smoothie. Paul surprised us by using the straw to share the smoothie with us. He loved it! After Paul's missed morning nap, we went back to the Kroc center to sign up as members and work out! I was a little worried about leaving Paul in the day care program -- he is always with me and I've only left him with his Mimi a couple times. He seemed fine when we left, and we even snuck back a few minutes later to see him happily playing with a little girl. When we came back 30 minutes later, he was sobbing as one of the women held him. He just kept shaking his head no. It felt like it took forever to get him checked out of there and back in my arms! He calmed down pretty quickly once I was holding him, though. I knew this would be a change for him (and for me, frankly) but one that will be good for both of us. He's at a great age to interact with other kids and it would be nice for me to get a little space for myself during the day, especially to start running again. We've tried again since then, and once again, he was crying when we picked him up (also being held then, too). But they said he only started crying when they took him into the room a minute before. They had been just walking around with him and he was fine. So progress, I guess.
That night we watched Argo! We are really working on a big list of movies we neglected to see last year.
Sunday morning, Michael made us French toast and bacon for breakfast after church. It was delicious! He used sweet bread we got at the Greek festival. The raisins and nuts made it extra tasty! We enjoyed a cozy day at home. We watched Brave with Paul and ordered Chinese food for dinner. It was perfect!
![]() |
| Silly boy couldn't keep his eyes open! And Phoebe felt she also should be pictured. |
![]() |
| Of course the cats are my babies, too. (Bonus points if you can tell them apart/they don't look identical to you/you are Krystal or Michael's mom.) |
It was my second Mother's Day and it was so special! Since having Paul I can say I definitely have a greater appreciation for my mom, mother-in-law and all moms! There is nothing like it. You get all the obvious things -- thrown up on, other bodily-stuffed on, stepped on, pulled on, but most of the time, it doesn't even phase you. You're just happy to be the one they come to when they are sad, when they've found something new, when they hear a scary noise, when they are excited and when they don't feel good. It's an incredible connection and I am so grateful to have Paul in my life.
Bonus picture, just cuz I love it so much:


















1) The first 3 pictures, I'm pretty sure you, Michael, and Paul are all making the same expression. 2) Should I take your Rosetta stone lessons as a sign you guys are moving to Miami??? 3) You guys have been busy! 4) It's so cool watching you (from afar) be a mom! I don't know how you do it!
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty darn proud I do know the difference between your cats! Thanks:) I don't think I got around to wishing you a happy Mother's Day! It sounds like a wonderful day.
ReplyDelete