Saturday, May 11, 2013

Paul's First Birthday

So I know I'm a little late on this, but I've gotta do it!  Paul's first birthday was April 2.  I still can't believe my baby is one year old.  It flies by fast.  We had planned to do a party for him and even sent out invitations to all our friends.  Unfortunately, the week before the planned party, we all got the stomach flu.  Paul and I went down first, which made it easier -- Michael took care of us, and then we took care of him when he got sick.  Still, we all felt weak and under-the-weather for a while after, so we decided to cancel the party.

I was pretty bummed but it was definitely the right decision.  Luckily, my mom came to visit for the week of Paul's birthday, which was a lot of fun!  We ended up having Krystal, Michael & Brock come over for a little dinner and cupcakes.  We are so glad they could come!  Paul loved hanging out with his buddy Brock.

Paul's birthday presents!

He loves this teapot!  Unfortunately, it no longer sings and he doesn't understand why.

Opening Grammy's gift.


Paul and Brock




Loved it!


Brock is so cute! 




2 comments:

  1. Billy and I enjoyed watching the progression from whole cupcake...whole cupcake...explosion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sad the party had to be cancelled, but it still looks like ya'll had a good little party for him! I still can't believe he is one either! Time flies. :)

    ReplyDelete