Sunday, September 29, 2013

Labor Day at the Lake (Friday and Saturday)

This Labor Day we had big plans to spend the weekend at a lake house with Michael's family.  Carolyn set the whole thing up and invited us to come back in June.  We spent the whole summer looking forward to relaxing and playing on the lake, and more importantly, spending lots of quality time with Mimi and Papa, Julie and Andrew, and Carolyn and Austin.  Not to mention all the fun we knew the kids would have!  I was so happy that Paul would have so much time to spend with his closest (in age) cousins!

The weekend did not disappoint.  Everything went so well!  We went swimming every day and spent a day boating on the lake.  I took so many pictures, and they all captured such great memories, so hang with me here!

The gorgeous view from the porch of our house.

Felicity, Julie and Carolyn paddle-boating.



This is probably about the time they realized the paddles were broken!  Luckily they weren't too far out.

Paul was struggling with his life jacket.







We thought we had fixed the boat, but we hadn't.







Paul and Mimi.

I love how Felicity leans against walls with her foot kicked up.  Too cute.


Aunt Julie knows how to keep the kids happy!

Paul wanted to go outside and play football.


Paul went down with Dad the first time through.







Such a big boy, going down all by himself!

Sowell, Ward & Richardson families photo.  (Note: Julie, Carolyn & I all have the same shirt...)

Paul loved playing basketball and was not deterred by how high up the net was, or how many he missed.
Not pictured are our nights, which we adults spent hanging out, eating junk, playing pool and cards, and watching football. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad ya'll go to go. It looks like a great time! Don't you love cousin time? Glad we have friends to make up for it some what while we are all so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Sam! It was such a fun weekend, and ever since, Felicity talks about Paul ALL OF THE TIME. The other morning we had to look at pictures of Paul for about 20 minutes because she kept asking for him. I am so glad that they love each other so much!

    ReplyDelete