Friday, September 13, 2013

Laurel's Baptism

For Michael's break between semesters, we decided to spend the week in Pensacola.  We were especially excited for this trip because Julie and Andrew asked us to be godparents for Laurel, who was born in June.  They decided to have her baptized August 25.  We are thrilled and honored to serve as her godparents, and feel very blessed.  She is a sweet girl already, and she did so well during the baptism.

I didn't take any pictures at the church, but I borrowed a few from Carolyn (I hope you don't mind!).

Lily, Julie, Andrew and Laurel (photo by Carolyn Ward)
Love this family photo of us!  (photo by Carolyn Ward)
Paul with Papa, who kept him entertained for us.  (photo by Carolyn Ward)
After the baptism, the Sowells had everyone over for a little party to celebrate.  It was so nice to spend time with everyone!  Although they had to leave before the party, Michael's Grandmom and Aunt Sherree drove down from Mississippi to be there for Laurel. We were so glad to spend some time with them since we don't see them very often.

Paul made a friend!

Sweet cousin Felicity!


Her dress was just too cute.


Protesting because she wants cake.  Cute girl!

Blurry running pic.

Julie & I

Carolyn, Julie & I

Michael and I with Laurel


Paul & Lily


1 comment:

  1. I love the picture with Felicity and Paul and the play kitchen. They are so cute together! Also, I am so glad that you like the family photo I took of you guys. The Church serves as a beautiful backdrop. Love you!

    ReplyDelete