Thursday, January 22, 2015

Walden Farms

The Saturday before Halloween we began our festivities in earnest! That morning, we had a fun waffle breakfast before driving to a pumpkin patch in Smyrna, joined by Jan. When we got there and had to navigate a huge and very full parking lot, I realized how big this pumpkin patch must be. Walden Farms was very busy and had so much to do.


Oh, I didn't realize I managed to get a picture of Paul in these sunglasses before we lost them! We lost them less than a month after we bought them. However, not only did we get a discount (optometrist-to-be-in-the-house), this particular brand -- Babiators -- comes with a free, no questions asked, replacement pair. This is awesome because it is so hard to hang onto kids' sunglasses for some reason! I never lose mine but I've lost two of Paul's this year.


Watching a blacksmith at work.


There was a man playing the banjo.



Paul and Jan both enjoyed petting this sheep.



A hay bale maze. We could just barely make out Paul's hair bobbing up and down as he ran through.



There he is!


Paul especially loved feeding the chickens! It was hard to pull him away.





Paul had to ride the "train". I think you can see from my face that it wasn't very comfortable. He loved it though.




The corn crib was a big hit! We spent a lot of time here just dumping corn through a funnel over and over again.






Paul was very brave and went through the haunted house with us! It was really not so bad, but someone in front of us banged on the wall as I was rounding a corner and I jumped/yelped pretty bad.


This is a 40' slide that Paul went down, over and over again! He loved it.



Checking out a seesaw.



Climbing up the hay bale mountain!










Cruising.








What a cutie!




I was determined to get some pictures of Paul with the pumpkins, but it had already been a long morning and he was not interested in posing, hence the face and attitude. They still turned out cute though!



No comments:

Post a Comment