Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Snow Day Part II (Or Winter Storm Part IV)

We were graced with another day of decent weather when everything we wanted to do was open! We ran a few errands and went to the library for story time before finishing up at Target. By 7:30 p.m., snow was falling. It continued throughout the night. On Thursday, Feb. 26, we woke up with six inches of snow, on top of the two inches leftover from Tuesday. It was perfect for snowballs and snowmen and running around. Michael had a two hour delay -- at this point I'm not sure what they would close for, since they had already closed so much and were sick of it -- so of course we went out to play. We have to soak up all this snow play while we have it, since we are not likely to see much of this next year or the years after that. Michael came home at 3 p.m., which was great!


The snow was beautiful on the tree branches.



Out to clean our cars, round two.



You can see how much snow we had on the top of the car.


Using the Swiffer and broom this time... Still no ice scraper.


I thought Paul was so cute playing in the rocks while we cleaned the cars. He had brought a little clump of snow and was stirring it with a stick.



Look how deep we were in the snow! It was hard to walk through!





Of course Paul fell over.




The ball sunk way down deep in the snow.




Our creepy snowman! (Side note, the creepiest thing to me may be all the falling apart snowman remains when everything starts melting. Nightmares!)




Great snow for snowballs! If Paul could figure out how to form them...














The trees were my favorite part!

Paul was not ready to go inside when we told him it was time. It was like he knew that this would be the last of the snow for the year... Well, I'm not going to hold my breath.

2 comments:

  1. This winter has been very crazy. I don't know about y'all, but we are getting round 5 (or whatever number it is! I can't keep track we have gotten so many!) of winter weather tonight and tomorrow morning which is supposed to be the worst one yet. So it is probably a good thing you aren't holding your breath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I love these posts! I'm dying over you snow activities. If I didn't know you where from Florida I would know your not from a place with any snow now. ha ha

    ReplyDelete