A little golf course Michael set up.
We got these boots just in time! Thy have been perfect.
The ice was still mostly slush at this point. Perfect for running through!
Parking lot slush
All that playing in the cold weather called for chicken noodle soup for dinner.
By Tuesday morning, everything was completely frozen. The slush was thick, slick ice. It was beautiful to look at but also dangerous. Eventually, Michael's work decided to close for Tuesday all day as well. We were happy to have him home, and I definitely would have worried if he'd had to drive in all that ice.
Ice-coated trees
Tennis court/skating rink
Slipping and sliding! He was probably asking for help while I stood by and took this picture. :)
Kicked the soccer ball around a bit.
Icicle
Playing with the icicles. Really concentrating, too!
Check out this big icicle! Apparently I love icicles.
I'm not the only one! Except I'm not sure about the way he's holding it...
Ice-covered bushes
Icicles on an umbrella
Lots of fallen branches everywhere. Luckily no big ones.
I picked off icicles for Paul to play with until he broke it 30 seconds later and asked for another.
Beautiful!
At this point we were fully enjoying the winter weather! Little did we know it would drag on for what felt like a very long time, although it was really only a couple weeks.






























Sam - I love getting to read your blog posts and seeing the wonderful pictures you and Michael take. I almost spit out my coffee though because I was laughing so hard when I read your caption about the way Paul was holding that icicle!
ReplyDelete