Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Rainbow Lake Playground

Our friend Krystal told us about a new playground in her neighborhood that we had to check out.  We finally made it over there -- it's in Overton Park, near the Zoo, and it is awesome!  Hands down the best park I've been to.  The playground was just renovated this year and reopened about a month or two ago.  It has a sand box, several swing sets, a big jungle gym with lots of safe climbing, a big rope area for big kids, merry-go-round, a big slide, hammocks(!), drums, life-size Lincoln logs, a rock-play area and chess and checker tables.  I think I got it all.  (I feel like Stefan from SNL naming off all that stuff!) 

Maybe the best part is how shady and safe it is.  The whole park is closed in so you don't have to worry about your kid running out into the parking lot.  It's so clean and less than a five-minute drive from our house.  Apparently I can't say enough about how awesome it is.  We love it and go as often as we can throughout the week.  Here are some pictures I've taken there.

The sand area may be Paul's favorite.  Every time he grabs a bucket and heads for the water fountain asking for water.





Playing with Dad on the drums!



Swings are a must for every park visit.



High five!



We met our playgroup friends one day!  That is McKinley next to Paul, Daxon in the back.


Trying out the big kid swing.

Playing with the drum.


Krystal and Brock met us for our first visit!
Practicing his chess skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment