Sunday, May 18, 2014

Paul's Birthday Party

Last year for Paul's birthday, we planned to have a little party with our friends.  We all came down with a stomach bug that very week, so we had to cancel and couldn't reschedule.  Since Paul was only 1, I don't think he missed much, but this year he knows his friends by name and is always so excited to see them.  So we made plans again, and this time, the party actually happened!

I tried to think of all the things Paul loves to incorporate them into the party.  He LOVES Curious George ("Kee George") and I found some cute ideas online so we went with that as our theme.  I got balloons as a special treat -- what kid doesn't love balloons? -- and they were Paul's favorite part.  When Michael brought them home from the store Paul said, "Wow!' in wonder.  I made a cake that I decorated myself for fun and we grilled hot dogs -- easily Paul's favorite food -- and had chips and cantaloupe and banana pudding cups.  My mom was still in town and the Coles, Kowallises, Mosses, Kings were all able to come.  We were so glad we had lots of friends to help us celebrate!  Especially knowing that next year may be a lonely birthday in Knoxville.



In awe of the balloons!  Definitely his favorite decoration.



Lunch time with Grammy on party day.


The set up!


The delicious cake, if I may say so myself.





I got this idea on Pinterest, to have guests write messages in a CG book for the birthday boy.  It turned out so cute and Paul loves to have me read this story to him!







These two were so cute sitting on the couch together!  


Paul and Brock sharing a meal at the birthday table.



Brooklyn loved this rocking chair!


Paul decided Brooklyn needed a hug.




Paul and Daxon were having the best time playing with this house!  Paul kept peeking through the window to say "Hey!" and then they would dissolve into giggles.  It was adorable!










Paul was not at all sure about the candle.  He did not want to get close to it and was just saying, "Hot!  Hot!"  I don't mind this at all.  I ended up blowing out after he ran away.  He enjoyed everyone singing Happy Birthday to him though!  He will occasionally sing, "Happy birthday to-day".



Once the candle was gone the cake was fair game!


Apparently Brooklyn became very attached to this balloon and carried it everywhere with her for a few weeks! 





After everyone left Paul stood and looked out the window.  It was a little sad for him to see all his friends go when he was having so much fun!




It was such a great party for Paul and we were so happy to have so many friends to help us celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment