Friday, May 23, 2014

Spring Is Here

When the trees here in Memphis started showing their little green buds I was thrilled -- winter was over!  Don't get me wrong, I love winter here!  I soaked up every view of ice-covered trees and snow-covered streets, although neither lasted very long.  This was the coldest winter Michael and I have ever experienced and we were feeling cooped up inside.  Spring was very welcome here!  Last year, around Paul's birthday, we happened upon a nearby street lined with cherry trees in full bloom.  Once it got warmer here, we started checking on the street often, knowing there would be a small window of time when the trees would be in bloom.  Sure enough, the week of his birthday, the cherry trees blossomed!  We went on many walks that week and enjoyed the beautiful flowers.  Of course, it wasn't long until rain and wind stripped the flowers off, letting green leaves take their place.  While walking beneath them a slight breeze brought the little flowers down on us like raindrops in a fairy tale wedding.  At least, that would be my idea of a fairy tale wedding.  ;)


















No comments:

Post a Comment