Friday, February 20, 2015

Cades Cove

At the end of Michael's first week at his new externship site, we decided we needed to get out and about. We spent our first week here sick and unpacking, running back and forth between our apartment and Target. So we were ready to explore a little bit! It was very cold, so we decided it would be nice to drive to the Smokies. This is something we have been very excited about living in Knoxville, so we wanted to make sure we were taking advantage of the proximity right away. We decided to drive through Cades Cove, a popular drive that we are both familiar with.




On our drive we saw a lot of deer! I even saw a bear, although everyone else missed it. By the time we got there, we decided it would be fun to bundle up and walk around a little bit. It had warmed up some, but it was still a frigid 20 degrees. Paul was so happy to run around and play soccer for a bit.











There was a deer grazing in the big field we were in. We got pretty close to it without spooking it and I got to take a few pictures.




We had stopped at the mill, so there were a few things we could walk around and see. There was ice everywhere! By this point, my toes were very numb. It was really very cold and windy, too! I just realized I am not actually in any of the pictures, but I was there too!






Ice 




My boys!



I thought the ice looked really interesting!


We are really looking forward to some warm weekend in the hopefully near future when we can get back out there and go for a hike! Hopefully before we move in May!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! They bring back memories of when we went there! So fun for you to be so close to the smokies!

    ReplyDelete