Thursday, July 18, 2013

Saturday in Pensacola

On Saturday, Paul stayed at home base with Michael and Mimi so I could spend some time with my mom.  We decided to drive around looking for yard sales and to check out the market on Palafox.  We had a blast.  I think our only purchases for the day were a huge bag of kettle corn for my mom, and a big piece of focaccia for me.  It was just nice for us to talk. 

That afternoon, Paul spent a lot of time playing outside with Mimi.  I sat back and took lots of pictures, and they all turned out awesome.  So prepare yourself for a flood of Paul pictures!

Paul loves dogs but is also terrified of them.  We let him play with Chester to give him a little more dog-confidence.

It worked!  I think he is blowing a kiss here.

Now for the outside pictures!














As you can tell, Paul loves Mimi and had a blast!

That afternoon, Julie, Andrew, Lily and Laurel came by for a visit.  We loved seeing them again.  Paul pointed to Laurel and said "baby," which he'd never really done before.  He was pretty interested in her.

Checking out cousin Laurel.  She was only 2 weeks old here.

I thought it was cute that he found a baby doll and tried to hand it to Mimi.

Lily is such a cute big sister!  She looks so grown up now.

Paul loves "fish" (Goldfish) but was not so sure about Uncle Andrew.

Typical.  Always wrestling.

At least he's smiling!


After they left, we went to church at St. Paul's.  We hung out in the cry room with Carolyn, Austin and Felicity.  It's so nice to have a place for him to run around in during mass!  It's a little easier to pay attention that way.  We also went out to dinner with them and Michael's parents.  Unfortunately I was not feeling well so I didn't take any pictures.  Paul was being very cute and giving Felicity hugs and kisses, too, which she seemed to like.  (Not like when he "hugs" his friend Brock and really just tackles him... he was gentler with her.)  He wanted Mimi to hold him after dinner, and when I tried to take him to put him in his car seat, he gripped her tighter, shook his head and said "no!"  This is unusual for a number of reasons -- first, because he is a mama's boy and always prefers me to just about anyone else; and second, because while he sometimes shakes his head, he is usually very agreeable and has never said "no" before (and hasn't really since).  I think he could sense our time in Pensacola coming to a close soon.

We rounded out the night with a little bath tub photo shoot.







 We were sad to go, but we had to leave Sunday morning.  We picked up Bagelhead's (I totally forgot just how delicious those bagels are!) and went to have breakfast with my mom before we got on the road.  We managed to take just a few more pictures before we said goodbye.



We can't wait to go back in August!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you got to go! It looks like you had a wonderful time! We've missed seeing you and Paul lately. Hopefully we'll get to hang out soon!

    ReplyDelete