Thursday, June 5, 2014

Rogers' Family Weekend

While my mom was in town, we drove to Nashville to go to one of my cousin's weddings.  It was a beautiful wedding and a wonderful day!  We were able to drive by the office Michael will be working at in the fall.  It's so close to Vanderbilt, which has such a beautiful campus.  It was actually perfect timing for us to go, since I had been feeling a bit sad thinking about leaving Memphis.  Being in Nashville reminded me that there will be so much to explore I won't have time to miss this city!  It doesn't hurt that we were surrounded by family and will be when we move.


Paul and Emilie are BFFs.





Birthday twins!


Paul decided to climb this tree.  It didn't work out very well.


Bubbles!






My handsome boys!



Paul and Grammy at Curlee Church, the church my mom and aunts and uncles grew up in.


Playing in the cemetery, of course!  Just not on the graves.  Check out the cool, old rock fence in the background.  I love those!




This pile was still smoking a bit and Paul was fascinated by it.  He made me take LOTS of pictures of it!



Pretty good snapshot of my life.  This is what I see when I look down half of the time.  ;)


Getting a lift/lesson in tree-climbing from cousin Jan.  Just hope she doesn't laugh at him when he gets stuck like she did with me!  :)






Paul recently became interested in school buses.  Lucky for him, Aunt Cathy and Uncle Alvin own and operate a couple buses.  Paul was thrilled just to sit in the back of the bus!




We even took a ride down the driveway!  He thought it was so cool.




Best seat on the bus!



Such a happy boy!

















We had a great time with everyone.  Paul had so much fun he helped himself to a souvenir: one of Cathy's school buses ended up in our duffel bag, only discovered when I unpacked at home!


 I just have to end on this cute series of bus driving pictures!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment