On one of those gorgeous Saturdays, we set out for Seven Islands State Birding Park for a nice morning walk. Knoxville had so many wonderful nature parks to visit. I only wish we had the time to explore more of them!
Ready to go!
In the following series of pictures, Paul is being adorably attacked by a butterfly.
It was the cutest thing!
Some cool wildflowers I spotted along the trail.
Everything is so green!
Gorgeous views! It was hard to believe this was only a 20-30 minute drive from West Knoxville.
My cute boys! But seriously, how beautiful was this view?
On the drive back from our fun morning outing, we decided to stop downtown for the Dogwood Arts Fest. It was our chance to experience the atmosphere downtown.
Paul and I hit up the kids art section while Dad went to pick out some lunch for us. There were several age-appropriate crafts he could do and he loved it!
Painting with shaving cream.
A drawing by a robot!
Decorating a spoon to be displayed at the Muse in Knoxville. He drew train tracks.
Michael eventually caught up with us and brought us some lunch. We tried some fancy tacos from a food truck. One was bbq (topped with coleslaw) and the other was Korean beef. Paul went with a tried and true American favorite, the corn dog.
Paul explored this yarn web for a bit! Yarn was available to add to the mess if desired.
He just liked running through/under it.
Someone got caught!
Trying out the tightrope they had set up in the "kids' circus".
VG's Bakery had a tent at the festival so I had to try out their giant cookies! I had been wanting to try it before we moved, but they were on the other side of town so I hadn't gotten around to it yet. They were delicious. I ended up visiting their shop later in the week.
Yummy cookies to end a wonderful day!










































No comments:
Post a Comment