Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Overton Park & SCO BBQ

On Thursday morning, Paul and I met Krystal, Kelsie and Katie at our favorite park -- Rainbow Lake Playground at Overton Park. We had a nice time playing in the sun and getting filthy dirty! ;) I thought ahead and brought an extra set of clothes since we were going straight to SCO for a class bbq right after. Overton will always be one of our favorite parks and we especially enjoy spending time there with our friends!



Jumping down the step.



This picture kinda sums up Paul's mood that day. He didn't sleep quite as much as he needed to this week and it was catching up with him! He was not listening well, but he did have so much fun with his friends. He has really been loving the sand lately, so I did have a nice time chatting with my friends while they played there.



I wish I could see them playing together all the time!


Will is such a cutie!



Brooklyn


Brock


Adorable Iszella


Paul was very attached to this orange shovel that he found by the sandbox. He had to carry it with him everywhere! 











We had a blast at the park! Paul was covered in dirt, so I wiped him off and changed him before we went to meet Michael at SCO for a bbq in honor of the graduating class.


My handsome man ;)


My other handsome man :)


I hate posting blurry pics but I love this one of Paul running. Paul and Daxon ran around together the whole time. Until they stopped for this adorable hug captured below. 









They also took time for a brownie break. Daxon would break off pieces of his brownie for Paul to eat. It was fun to watch.






I love seeing these cuties together!

Later that day, Michael's parents arrived for graduation. Michael and I went to a banquet held downtown that night and were able to sit and chat with friends for a while. But with graduation the next day, we didn't get to spend much more time with our friends. We packed a lot in for those three days, and I'm so glad we did. I feel so lucky to have made such wonderful friends in our three years in Memphis. I can't imagine a more empowering and wonderful group of women to help guide and support me through becoming a mom and a wife, all at once it often felt like. Together we experienced so much -- pregnancies, infant and toddler years, the success of our husbands in school, even tragedy. I can't even begin to describe how much each one of my friends impacted my life and continue to do so, even from afar. Now if they weren't all living in Utah and Idaho, I'd be even more grateful. ;) I guess now we have a good excuse for a road trip out west!

No comments:

Post a Comment