Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Chestnut Bay - 4th of July

The big day had arrived -- the Fourth of July! Coming from a family with a vibrant tradition of celebrating the holiday on a lake, I don't think it would feel right to spend it any other way. 


Not-so-patiently waiting for the fun to begin.

Warning: first of serveral photo shoots coming up now. 






We were lucky to spend the morning on the pontoon boat!




We all took turns driving.




The lovely Ward family.








Cool kids.






 
We were missing our Sowell family though! We took this picture last year with Paul, Lily and Felicity. It feels incomplete with just the two of them!







I don't know if you can tell, but I think it's safe to say I'd rather ride than drive.








Back at the house, Felicity decided it was time to don a princess dress. Paul had to see what all the fuss was about.



We spent the afternoon on the little beach area. The adults took turns going down the big slide!


Back to the pool! We eventually had to leave because the kids were getting the really cold! Although Paul pretended he was fine and did not want to leave!




And so begins the next photo shoot!



















Go Gators!




Tickles!





















Sorry if that was too much but I just loved them all. :)



Group shot!





Family kisses.










More trike rides! When Felicity put her helmet on, she took off her headband. Paul felt like he needed headgear too, so he wore the headband.



The resort planned to do a big fireworks show the next day. That night, instead, they had an outdoor showing of Frozen with a fire pit for s'mores nearby. We had so much fun! The kids loved seeing Frozen outside.






The s'mores factory.




Perfect end to a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment