Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Chestnut Bay - Saturday

Saturday started off with a fun parade that ran right by our house!





During naptime Carolyn and Austin had reserved a jet ski with the idea that they could take it for the first hour and Michael and I could take it for the second while the kids slept. It worked out great! Michael and I had so much fun! And unlike the boat, I remembered how much I love driving the jet ski. Michael was kind enough to let me drive most of our time.

When our time was up and we had returned the jet ski, we found that the kids were awake and Carolyn and Austin had taken them to get balloon animals. The line went very slow and I think they may have regretted it but the kids did end up with some cool balloons! Paul requested a "baby giraffe like the Memphis zoo" (I mean, we talk about things a lot, and he loves giraffes and there is a baby, but it surprised us that he came up with that on his own!).



Uncle Michael was great a puzzles with FJ!


Paul loved hanging with Uncle Austin!


 Getting ready for s'mores before fireworks!











Another sunset walk.











Making s'mores in the backyard! We didn't get enough the night before.

























Ready to party!



Cute girl!




Paul was riveted by the fireworks! They did a great job with them and the whole show was pretty long, though we are enjoyed every minute of it! He talked about it for a long time afterward.

The following are pictures that Carolyn took! I am doing this from my phone and already accidentally deleted some and can't get them back, so I abandoned my attempt to integrate them with mine. So the day starts over. :)













































The next morning we had to leave Chestnut Bay behind and go back to our lives in separate cities. The kids really wanted to go back together, but when we said they couldn't they wanted to switch instead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment