Sunday, July 6, 2014

Nashville

Michael had a couple days off one week at the end of June, so we decided to take a quick trip to check out Nashville before we moved there in September.

Our first stop was The Pharmacy to eat lunch. I loved my burger and the fries were delicious. I also got one of their sodas -- raspberry lemonade -- and it was awesome!





Michael tried the cream soda.



For this trip we stayed with my Aunt Lynda in Murfreesboro. She was a wonderful hostess and we had fun spending some time with her!

On Friday we decided we'd rather hike around Sewanee than drive around Nashville, so we did just that!

Sewanee has such a beautiful campus and it was fun for me to show it to Michael. I very nearly went to Sewanee instead of UF but in the end I didn't think I could handle the isolated feeling I got up there on that (little) mountain. I actually did this same hike in 2007 when I went for interviews. It was as beautiful in the green summer as it was in the white winter.




























Love this picture of my guys!








We had to peek inside the church!



Hanging out with Lynda!



On Friday night we went to a BBQ to support my Uncle Mark, who was running for reelection as a judge. We were happy to do our small part to support him, and even happier when he won a month later.






My pretty cousins, Addison on the left and Anne on the right.

Before heading back to Memphis on Saturday, we made one more stop in Nashville, at Mitchell Deli. We had some amazing sandwiches there! Definitely a new favorite place. In the end, I'm not sure the trip helped to us in our apartment search, but it was a lot of fun and a good excuse to see family!



No comments:

Post a Comment